A thirsty visitor


We had a late evening visitor to one of the water stations we have in the yard.

We have a number of skunks who come by; however, this one was earlier than usual. There was enough light to get a reasonable shot.

Once he had his fill he wandered through the hedge into the empty, naturalized lot next door.

I was waiting to see if anything else was coming to the yard when I saw the skunk walking directly towards me.

It was obvious he didn’t see me, sooooo, I backed slowly away from the area in order to prevent any misunderstandings.

When I move his head snapped up, he spun his body and lifted his tail.

And then, and then………… along came Jones (remember the song)

And then he hurried off in the opposite direction.

We enjoy all the wild life that comes to the yard, but we are a bit more careful with some visitors than others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Golden-crowned kinglet.

Connecticut warbler

My Cat is Stranger Than Your Cat