The Wrens of Rondeau

We had house wrens nesting in a small bird house that was put up under the eaves, more as decoration than in any hope it would be used.

It was a noisy spring with the male singing from 5:30 a.m. until dark. He would flit all over the yard declaring his territorial rights.

We had been keeping an eye on the nest house hoping to see the young fledge.
We were busy July 2 volunteering for a Friends of Rondeau event. When we got home the box was empty and the yard was quiet.

I was really disappointed, as I was hoping to get a few photos.

Monday evening, July 3 I was going to get something from the car when I heard chittering and saw movement in the car port. It is full of furniture and bikes (temporary storage as my sons are moving around) and there were 3 small wrens hopping around on a bike.

By the time I went to the house and got Anne they had moved into the yard, which is all wild flowers.

The young were scurrying around and waiting for the adults to supplement the food they found.

A nice way to end the Canadian July 1st long weekend.

Comments

LauraHinNJ said…
Once wrens fledge in my yard I never see them again. Not sure where the parents take them.

These pics are precious!
Rondeau Ric said…
This is the first time I've seen them after the fledged. Perhaps they like the wild nature of the yard.

Popular posts from this blog

Golden-crowned kinglet.

Connecticut warbler

Folded rocks.