Eastern bluebird

Eastern bluebird by ricmcarthur
Eastern bluebird, a photo by ricmcarthur on Flickr.
With the heat we aren experiencing birds are coming in to our small water feature in greater numbers.
Just after I took this photo I came inside to take a break from the heat.
In a span of 15 minutes I had 2 male grosbeaks, 2 cedar waxwings, goldfinches, male baltimore orioles, a young catbird and yellow warblers at the water.
A red-headed woodpecker and a red-bellied came in the yard but didn't go to the water.
Lots of colourful birds and activity, and there I was in the house with my camera.

Right now it is the time to have a bird bath. It will bring in more birds than feeders will. Food is available but clean water in a safe location may be scarce.
Do the birds and yourself a favour and put water out for the wildlife.

sialia sialis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Golden-crowned kinglet.

Connecticut warbler

My Cat is Stranger Than Your Cat