Tufted titmouse, Rondeau Provincial Park, Dec 2017.

Another of the snow birds that showed up after the big snowfall.
Lots of birds in the white pine in the yard.

Baeolophus bicolor
Tufted Titmice hoard food in fall and winter, a behavior they share with many of their relatives, including the chickadees and tits. Titmice take advantage of a bird feeder’s bounty by storing many of the seeds they get. Usually, the storage sites are within 130 feet of the feeder. The birds take only one seed per trip and usually shell the seeds before hiding them.
source - https://www.allaboutbirds.org/g…/Tufted_Titmouse/lifehistory

Comments

Marieanne said…
I love your photos and I used this one as a reference to paint a post card to send to my grandson. I usually post my work on instagram just for fun (not for sale) but don't want to post this without your permission. If you prefer that I don't that is fine. I got a camera for Christmas so hopefully once I learn how to use it I will be able to take decent reference photos for myself. I enjoy your blog. Marieanne #yanyinthewillow

Popular posts from this blog

Golden-crowned kinglet.

Connecticut warbler

My Cat is Stranger Than Your Cat